Have realised today that I haven't mentioned for a while what I am actually creating at the moment, and as those in the know (IE anyone who lives with me) can testify I am pretty busy everyday, armed with a crochet hook, a needle, a ball of wool or buried beneath shrouds of fabric. The sounds of "ouch!" that emanate from our house tend to belong to other people treading on a pin that I seem to have dropped on the floor. (Funnily enough I never seem to step on them myself.....well I find that mildly amusing anyway).
At the moment I'm having a bit of a brooch phase. Fabric and felt. Buttons may also be involved. And lots of thread. And having created quite a few (most are heading for a craft sale, some will veer towards Etsy) I began to deliberate on the many uses of a brooch. I shall begin with the obvious:
- wear it on your coat
- when the weather is too warm for a coat, wear one on your t-shirt
- stick one on your hat (winter hat, summer hat, who cares!)
- adorn your bag with one
- attach one to a plant label and stick it in your house plant (trust me on this one, house plants need accessories too)
- frame one (who else will have a brooch on their living room wall?)
- wear one on your skirt
- got a dull scarf? Then it needs a brooch!
- decorate a pillow or cushion with one
Happy brooch wearing.