Saturday 10 May 2008

To Market To Market To Buy A...............

..........basket full of deliciousness!

A sunny day today and the local Farmers Market was brimming with wonderful goodies. I'd been out of the house most of the morning (sat in the hairdressers ready gossip mags) and it was nearing lunchtime - tummy rumbling, mouth watering time. Shopping whilst hungry is generally not advised on the basis that you will end up buying a load of rubbish to satisfy hunger pangs, but this Market just had a plethora of organic, home baked tasty treats. And just at the right moment I came across the bakery stall which had trays of nibbles to sample - the treacle tart was a divine, melt in the mouth sugar sensation. Ended up with the Bakewell tart though - I have a thing about anything almondy - along with some beautiful olive bread, some stilton and raspberry cheese,(which is soft, pink, and had a slightly disconcerting combination of strong savory stilton and sweet raspberrys, strangely yummy) and, lest the garden should feel left out, some tomato plants.

Think I had most things covered there.


The summer is beckoning and I can feel the heat on my skin.
For a hair obsessive such a me this was also the time for the "my head is beginning to heat up" crop. This morning locks were snipped away, leaving me feeling lighter, brighter and free.

My obsession with hair colourants continues and picked this reddy-brown today. I was originally a blonde you know. Then went copper. Then red. There was also the (only) time I have attempted home colouring - the packet said deep copper, but the result was an insipid strange peach affair. And many years ago I once had a pink fringe ..........ah, memories, memories.

Other things I get obsessed about - the latest T.V obsession is Miami Ink. Who knows where that will lead me.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the only thing I'm missing from London is the excellent Chelsea Farmers' Market, surprisingly in Brighton the offernings are very basic....